Grow your business: Doing business
internationally...the easy way!
Finding customers and suppliers in places like China, Brazil, India,
and Arabia can be a challenge if you have not yet been doing business
internationally. Marketing internationally in different cultures, customs,
languages, currencies, and regulations can all seem formidable hurdles.
The biggest single international marketing challenge most organizations
face is simply getting started. Questions include:
- "Who do I talk to?"
- "How do I make things happen in a new country?"
- "Do I have to adapt my product or service?"
- "How much will it cost to get started there?"
- "Who can I trust?"
- "How do I get paid?"
Field Schools - the safe, easy, and comfortable way to get started
Field Schools International will help you get started with your international
We offer 2-3 week guided business introductions to new markets in the
fastest growing economies of the world, including Brazil, China, India,
You will have a practical experience right on the ground in the market
you wish to explore doing business in. Included in all our field schools:
- Short, effective, and focused Intercultural training applicable to
the business and social environment of the market you are in. You will
learn how culture affects your international marketing situation.
- Introductions to organizations you can access to get started doing
- Introductions to local individuals - both nationals and expatriates
- who you can immediately add to your network of people who can help
you get started.
- Experiences with the culture that will help you understand how your
product or service may need to be customized to best sell in a market.
If you are looking for new opportunities to bring out of the market,
you will get the opposite - insights into why certain products and services
work well in the international market. Both types of international marketing
are the focus of the field school experience.
- Support by FSI facilitators for defining your goals for the field
school and regular check-ins to ensure you are achieving as much as
possible during your experience.
- Full logistics support for your trip, including quality hotel accommodations,
in-country transportation, most meals, consultation and guidance support
Your Field School Faculty
You will be learning with great business faculty, facilitators, and speakers
on your field trip. Leading every field school experience are two experienced
and dynamic business faculty you can trust to guide you the whole way.
The principle faculty of Field Schools International is:
Paul Kurucz, MBA
"Seeing people get really excited
about new possibilities is what motivates me.
If you are a business owner or manager who wants to
grow your business in one of the 21st century's booming economies,
my passion is to help you find your international business possibilities
- and what you need to do to turn them into reality!"
Paul Kurucz leads Field Schools International. He
is a seasoned post-secondary educator and leader with 15 years
of experience in the field of international education. From teaching
Chinese, Indian, Arab, and Latin American MBA students in Canada
to developing an innovative experiential degree program in Dubai,
Paul's entrepreneurial attitude and high energy level make things
happen. His career originating from the operations management
and financial sectors, Paul brings a depth of business and life
experiences to his field school leadership.
- MBA, The Ivey School of Business, The University
of Western Ontario (ON)
- BA, The University of Western Ontario (ON)
What you can expect...
Our field schools will introduce you to the specific market you are visiting.
What you can expect:
- You will get familiar with how that market works.
- You will understand key cultural aspects that affect how you do business
there. International marketing is the focus.
- You will make contacts that can help you get things done in the culture
- You may make some connections directly useful to you selling in that
market (potential customers) or buying in that market (suppliers).
- You will be supported by the FSI team during the entire experience
for protocols, scheduled touring logistics, etc.
What not to expect...
- Field schools are primarily learning and networking experiences designed
to build confidence and overcome hurdles for doing business in that
market. While we make every effort to help you connect directly with
potential customers and/or suppliers relevant to your specific business,
the purpose of a field school is not to directly and immediately facilitate
- Do not expect to do a deal right away. In most cultures outside of
North America, building business relationships take time. International
marketing is a different game and we help you get familiar with the
local business rhythms, help you relax and enjoy the relationship building
process, and see how this longer-term method can lead to trust, flexibility,
and long-term profits. Many cultures think in terms of years, decades,
and generations rather than weeks and months!
- A fully customized field school to your individual needs. Again, we
make every effort to ensure your goals can be met during your experience,
however field schools are scheduled group learning experiences where
much or most of the experience is guided, facilitated, team learning,
and exploring. All field trips include time and flexibility for you
to follow up with opportunities, take extra time with people you "click"
with, and focus on your particular needs.
Can we help you do business internationally?
We are here to help you plan your business field school experience. Please
contact us - we would be pleased to discuss
your needs and how we can meet them!
Note: We have a "no hard-sell" policy. If
our field schools can't meet your needs, we will point you to what can!
So don't be afraid to contact us for more information!
Phone: 250-857-7619 (PST)
Email: Contact Form